Programming languages provide a conceptual framework which is necessary for the development, analysis, optimization and understanding of programs and programming tasks.
The aim of the Jornadas sobre PROgramación y LEnguajes (PROLE) is to serve as a meeting point for spanish research groups which develop their work in the area of programming and programming languages. The organization of this series of events aims at fostering the exchange of ideas, experiences and results among these groups. Promoting further collaboration is also one of the main goals of PROLE.
PROLE welcomes both theoretical and practical works concerning the specification, design, implementation, analysis, and verification of programs and programming languages. More precisely, the topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
The fourth Jornadas sobre Programación y Lenguajes, PROLE´04, will be held between November 11 and 12, 2004. Others events in the same week will be:
- Programming paradigms (concurrent, functional, imperative, logic,
object oriented, visual, ...) and their integration
- Specification and specification languages
- Type systems
- Compilation; programming language implementation (tools and
- Semantics and their application to the design, analysis,
verification, and transformation of programs
- Program analysis techniques
- Program transformation and optimization
- Debugging and program testing
- Tools and techniques for supporting the development and
connectivity of programs (modularity, generic programming, markup languages, ...)